SHEN’s mission dedicates it to an objective with four parts:
- The promotion, development and delivery of public education in the spiritual heritage of humanity by providing courses, lectures, seminars, conferences, and workshops;
- The development of educational material by engaging in related research;
- Service to the society especially to the marginalized; and
- Building networks of goodwill with individuals, and organizations.
SHEN is organized to pursue the following stated objects:
- To educate the public about the spiritual heritage of humankind by providing courses, seminars, lectures, and conferences; and to engage in conducting related research.
- To provide a library of spiritual heritage literature including commentaries and interpretations of heritage literature in English and other popular languages, publications, novels, plays, stories and anecdotes based on truth or fiction exemplifying spiritual principles in life for scholars and research workers at universities, research centres, and institutions of higher learning.
- To host public-essay competitions in the area of the spiritual heritage of humankind.
- To provide syllabi and educational material for courses on spiritual and ethical education in primary schools, high schools, colleges, and universities.
- To receive and maintain a fund or funds and to apply all or part of the principal and income therefrom, from time to time, for the purpose of the following:
- covering the costs associated with carrying out the preceding objectives of the corporation;
- providing bursaries and scholarships to deserving students in accordance with the Corporation’s policies and practices governing such disbursements; and
- instituting chairs at universities in the field of the spiritual heritage of humankind.